Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another Great Idea


Here is another Recession Friendly great idea from my creative mother at RFD to NYC!  Just a quick note of appreciation while I'm at it - I was fortunate enough to be raised, nurtured, grown by an amazing woman who, among many other things is an artist.  Before she took on the full time work of being a mother to two girls, she was an art teacher at a private elementary school.  Unlike a lot of my peers, art was a regular part of our home "curriculum."  As a mother of two young children, I am realizing that what seemed like a very natural and seamless integration of fine art education and applied art projects throughout our childhood was actually a very deliberate, well organized and thoughtful introduction of materials and methods, concepts and cultural references.  The amazing thing is that it never seemed like class - never forced or too organized, just fun and inspired.  Thanks, Mom - I only wish I could do the same for my children!  Maybe I can talk you into a guest post once in a while, with great ideas for children's art projects?  

1 comment:

  1. Wow !!! Thank you so much !!! I am mazed that you remember some of the things we did when you were small. And, yes, I would love to come up with some art projects for the children - ideas are swirling around my head as I type. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete