Monday, May 25, 2009

What I'm Reading

Right now I'm completely engrossed in 'An Artist of the Floating World' by Kazuro Ishiguro ... It was the Whitbread Book of the Year in 1986. I should actually have titled this post: What's on Oma's Nightstand as I'm a bit of a gypsy in the palace this weekend. Of course after I gorge myself on the bounty of my parents' garden I have to unwind a bit ... What better way than to check out my Mom's (unrivaled as of yet) literary stash.

I always feel silly writing about what I'm reading, it comes out slightly pretentious sounding - highly reminiscient (sp?) Of my high school era English papers. I will have to start reading some good literary criticism to help me express myself in these matters. Suffice it to say that this book is beautifully written and I recommend you dive in as soon as there is a lull in your reading schedule.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. You don't sound pretentious, but you do make people like me (whose collection of Stephen King books is unrivaled) feel very inferior !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel inferior!!! I'm to chicken to read Stephen King so that makes me somewhat inferior. Or at least a sissy!

    ReplyDelete